004744A EDMUND G. BROWN FIRE PROTECTION BACKFLOW PREVENTER AND BOOSTER PUMP REPLACEMENT
Prebid Date8/19/20 9:00 am
Bid Date9/2/20 5:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Michael Scott (916) 443-9545
San Francisco County, California
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT DIVISION
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
EDMUND G. BROWN FIRE PROTECTION BACKFLOW PREVENTER AND BOOSTER PUMP REPLACEMENT
DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT DIVISION
EDMUND G. BROWN, 505 VAN NESS AVE
SAN FRANCISCO, SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
PROJECT NUMBER 004744A
Project comprises labor, material and services necessary for:
Fire Protection –
- Replace existing fire pump assembly, including flowmeter, 8’’ city bypass and associated piping, pipe supports, seismic bracing and appurtenances.
- Replace existing 8’’ fire service backflow prevention assembly associated piping, piping supports, seismic bracing and appurtenances.
- Provide a new, remote test manifold assembly with fire hose valves, piping, fittings, supports and appurtenances to provide for “forward flow” testing of the backflow assembly and discharge testing of the fire pump.
- Replace existing, leaking roof manifold fire hose valves.
- Investigate and repair piping leaks in the two locations of the parking garage.
- New conduit and wiring to new power supplies and fire alarm control panels.
- Provide new or use existing breakers in existing panels as required to feed the new system components.
- Accommodate the fire sprinkler floor control assembles discharge in compliance with NFPA 13.
- Add hub drains and connect to existing sewer line.
- Add top primers and connect to existing domestic cold water.
License required to bid the project: B or C-16
Successful bidder shall furnish payment and performance bonds, each in the amount of 100 percent of the Contract price.
Prospective bidders must attend one of the two mandatory pre bid site inspection tours on August 19, 2020, at the Edmund G. Brown Building, 505 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA, 94102. The inspection tours will begin at 9:00 A.M. and 10:30 A.M. at the Front Lobby. The State’s requirements for Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) participation will be presented along with other contract requirements. Bidders are required to be in attendance for the entirety of the pre-bid site inspection and sign out at the conclusion.
The walk-through is available only by an appointment. If Bidder would like to schedule a walk-through appointment, Bidder must contact Nathan Higgins, Acquisition Analyst at email@example.com prior to August 17, 2020 at 5:00 PM. When contacting the OBAS Acquisition Analyst, provide the following information:
• Full Name
• Telephone Number
• Email Address
• Company Name
Along with identification, and in accordance with recent social distancing guidelines, Bidders are required to bring and wear masks and/or face coverings when entering the facility and practice six feet social distancing for their walk-through appointment, per the Governor’s Orders, Center for Disease Control, and California Department of Public Health.
Bid forms will be available for download at the plan room website identified below or at http://www.caleprocure.ca.gov/. Click on “Get Public Procurement Information” and then “See Current Bids”. In the Event name field, enter the project number and click search. While viewing the Event Details, click on “View Event Package” to view bid forms.
Bidders may view and order secure Drawings and Project Manuals on the following web site: http://www.ospplanroom.com. Click on the “Public Jobs” link listed below the “Menu” heading on the left. Alternatively, bidders may place an order by contacting Office of State Publishing, 885 Riverside Parkway, West Sacramento, CA 95605; Telephone (916) 445-5386. Drawings and Project Manual may also be viewed through Builders’ Exchanges. Refer to the Plan Holders List tab on the plan room website identified above for specific locations.